- Disconnect wiring from front turn signals in bumper.
- Disconnect bumper from front body tabs on left & right fenders.
- Disconnect front bumper brackets from left & right frame.
- Remove 4 inch frame extensions from the front of the frame rails. SAVE BOLTS.
- Remove bolts from body mounts, located on core support. Making sure that you do not lose the bottom rubber pieces of the body mount. **You are now ready to install your Baja Bumper**
- With the skid plate facing forward, the two (2) tube mounts slide on top of the existing body mounts on the core support.
- Slide your original core support bolts through the holes, making sure that the lower rubber pieces are still in place. Put a drop of Lock Tight on the bolt and re-install nut, leave loose. Using the original frame extension bolts (with a drop of Lock Tight on them), bolt through the front L-bracket to your frame and tighten all four (4) bolts.
- When purchasing our turn signal conversion kit please go to BajaBumpers.com for installation instructions.
- When choosing your own turn signal light assembly, you can use either a two (2) wire or single wire assembly. Your Toyota wiring supplies both a hot wire and a ground. If you are using a single wire light it is not necessary to re-attach the ground wire. Make sure you test the wire first to make sure you are attaching the hot wire to the light.
- If you’ve purchased the one piece extended skid plate, the two existing holes in the front cross-member should already be tapped but if not we have included two self threading bolts. You should put a little oil on the threads before install, you may have to work the bolt in and out a little to tap the threads.
Prep for Painting Instructions:
Before painting you must wipe all metal parts down with lacquer thinner or grease remover. To achieve best results, scuff metal with Scotch-Brite pad before painting.